Friday, September 3, 2010

Laughing, Adventures, Life is Full of Fun

 My name is Mallory Brooks, I'm 19 years old and I attend UMBC and this is my story.

February 4, 1991, it's the middle of the night and there is a nervous Italian man and a pretty little brunette dream on their way to the hospital, their first child, a baby girl, was on her way. At 1:10 a.m. the little girl arrived, Mallory Lynn was born. For 12 years she lived in the same house in Colorado Springs and went to the same school. The year she turned 13, her parents divorced and she moved across the country to Ohio, where everything changed. Her mom met someone new and that meant yet another move to a different state in the middle of the second semester her freshmen year. Her new school to a while to adjust to, but she did it. November her junior year she lost her father to alcoholism. Once graduated from high school, she started college at UMBC where she is currently enrolled and pursuing an degree in education.

155words

6 comments:

  1. Moving around a lot at a young age can often make it hard for one to establish a sense of identity with themselves. However, moving around a lot and not having a strong social network could have helped you become an independent person. Independence is something definetly valued in this world as it is hard to depend on anyone these days. I'm sorry to hear about your father and wish you luck into your studies into education. My father is a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That deffinitely sounds like you have had an adventurous life so far! My parents were divorced when I was pretty young too, and I wasnt sure what was going to happen, but sometimes things work out for the best. Sounds like your doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mallory, I know what it feels like to move around like that. Even though I didn't move from state to state, I attended 3 different middle schools and 2 different high schools. Sometimes it's hard to leave your old friends and make new ones. And I am sorry for the loss of your father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can relate to you when it comes to moving and having to start over in multiple schools. i went to three different elementary schools, and two middle schools. its hard to be young and have to find new people to relate with when your young and you dont really understand who you are just yet. high school was good i stayed at that school. but i was faced with a new start coming to umbc this year when i knew alot of seniors my freshman year and didnt really associate with lower classmen. so this year is another learning experience. not only with college but also having to meet new people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving around is definitely something i've done a lot. From coast to coast and from country to country, its tough. I'm sorry to hear about your father also, I cant really say i know how you feel I can only imagine. But at least you have moved past it and been able to continue and succeed in your life, that is whats good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you took the approach of a story and not a 1st person narrative. You made yourself seem as though you were a character in a story and not just telling us your life story.

    ReplyDelete