Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thou Shall Not Slay Innocent Bugs

                Many are the shrieks heard about the giant, menacing, evil bugs on kitchen, bathroom and bedroom floors.  Countless are the shoes, books and other weapons used against these little pests.  Each day, the plethora of innocent bugs that are annihilated increases. My fellow human beings, if there was one commandment I could share with all of you it would be this: thou shall not slay innocent bugs. This commandment is built on 3 axioms.
Axiom one: We can learn from these tiny life forms. For instance, these little pests could teach us the value of the home and family. Take the ant for example; working tirelessly to make sure everyone is taken care of is their main goal. The ant is a prime example to humans about how to care for others.
Axiom two: You mess with one of them; you mess with all of them. Bees and wasps will attack anyone who causes harm to a member of the colony and family. The bees show a fantastic model about how to protect those who mean the most to us.
                Axiom three: There is never an obstacle too big to climb. For example, spiders never let something that is twenty times larger than them get in their way. Anything we want to accomplish can be done, even climbing the largest mountains or overcoming the biggest challenges.
                Next time you go to stomp a bothersome bug, give it a second thought. Try to learn from the mini nuisances. Set aside your shrieks and fears and take in the model that these innocent species are trying to teach.
Word Count: 277

11 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree meore! People who are "afraid" of little spiders and then proceed to stomp on them are quite the jerks!
    This was original, well written, and very thoughful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you constructed this blog! You had a great message and it was nicely written. We can definitely learn a lot from innocent bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the beginning sounds. It's very unique. I also like how you broke down your essay. Great Topic

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great essay! I appreciate that you were able to lure in the reader and continue to be interesting throughout the essay. I love the witty sense of humor in the essay :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is an excellent metaphor. i liked the fact that you took such an interesting approach on this assignment. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that your personification of bugs made it easier to read and easier for the reader to understand your belief even before the last sentence. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you freaked out for no reason on Monday! I thought your essay was really great! I love how you took a topic like this one and created such a cute essay out of it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought this essay was so cute, I love the way you feel so strongly about this. It was written very powerfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a really good job with making your point important, but at the same time adding a comical side to it. Nice job adding in that 'axiom' stuff we learned about too; nice little touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am guilty of this horrific act! I thought your essay is very interesting and entertaining! However according to Dr. King she does not want us to sound like we are preaching so I think you should make your essay sound less like it is preaching to people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely guilty of this too. I like how you beat around the bush with preaching and presented it as a satire of dogmatic preaching. I didn't exactly buy in to your point, but I still got it clearly, because of your structural rhetoric, and it kept me entertained the whole time.

    Awesome essay.

    ReplyDelete